These have no added sugar, no honey and no dairy – perfect for babies just starting on baby-led weaning!
- 150g organic oat bran
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 50g organic coconut butter
- 2 organic bananas
- 3 dates (chopped into large chunks)
- 4 tbsp pineapple coconut juice
- Preheat the oven to 170c and line a baking dish with some parchment.
- Soak chopped dates in fruit juice.
- Mix oat bran and desiccated coconut in a medium bowl.
- Blend the coconut butter, bananas, dates and fruit juice until it forms a sticky paste. Combine with the oat mixture until well mixed and creamy.
- Spread and smooth mixture evenly onto baking tray with a spatula.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the edges of the mixture are beginning to brown.
- Lift the parchment paper out of the dish and leave to cool before cutting into 8 large or 16 small pieces
The bars can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. However they are best eaten within 24 hours before they start to dry out.
They can also be frozen. Simply wrap them individually in parchment or in individual freezer boxes. They will defrost at room temperature in about 30 minutes.