I’ve just secured an appointment with the obgyn for next week – makes me feel like I just struck the lottery – so happy! Getting an appointment with a doctor in Paris is like – 🙏🏼
40 weeks + 3, Wednesday
Contractions still going, received a message from my doula (E) first thing AM:
E: How are you feeling today, are the contractions increasing in frequency/intensity?
L: Yea… erm… maybe…? I’m not sure…
At this point I may be making it all up in my head.
She decides to come by to check on me, and confirms that I was indeed making it up in my head.
E: Real labour is much more intense than this.
L: But how will I know?
E: Oh trust me, you will know.
These have no added sugar, no honey and no dairy – perfect for babies 6 months and up!
- 150g organic oat bran
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 50g organic coconut butter
- 2 organic bananas
- 3 dates (chopped into large chunks)
- 4 tbsp pineapple coconut juice
- Preheat the oven to 170c and line a baking dish with some parchment.
- Soak chopped dates in fruit juice.
- Mix oat bran and desiccated coconut in a medium bowl.
- Blend the coconut butter, bananas, dates and fruit juice until it forms a sticky paste. Combine with the oat mixture until well mixed and creamy.
- Spread and smooth mixture evenly onto baking tray with a spatula.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the edges of the mixture are beginning to brown.
- Lift the parchment paper out of the dish and leave to cool before cutting into 8 large or 16 small pieces
The bars can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. However they are best eaten within 24 hours before they start to dry out.
They can also be frozen. Simply wrap them individually in parchment or in individual freezer boxes. They will defrost at room temperature in about 30 minutes.
I’m feeling all sorts of things today.
I’m so tired but I can’t sleep.
I’m exhausted, but have been woken up almost every hour last night since putting my baby to sleep, and immediately rush to her side in fear of her waking the husband from his.
My back hurts, stretch marks over my belly and hips, and of course there exists the infamous mom belly flop, rolls and all. My body’s not how it used to be – I’m not one of those who’ve magically snapped back into pre-preggers shape. I tell people that I don’t mind it at all, but deep down I know that I resent it.
I took some time out for myself for a yoga session today in the hope of feeling a bit more like… well, just me. And it’s like all the aches and pains that I’ve been holding in and trying to brace are released and my body ends up hurting even more.
The husband cleared the kitchen, dining area and did all the dishes last night – without being asked, I might add. I seriously never knew how happy it would make me, just to see areas of the apartment with No Mess in sight!! I squealed with delight; I could kiss him a million times over!!